cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notes on (Reachability - Manageability - Removed Device )

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

HI Experts,

i have 4 notes in DNAc for devices inventory

- some devices in my DNAc has reachability status ( ping reachable ) even after i resynch the device it still ping reachable 

- some devices in my DNAc has Manageability status (serial no conflict ) even this is the only device with this serial no,  i resynch the device it still serial no conflict

- i moved one switch from site X to site Z , is it safe to remove switch from X site ? or it is impact with switch in site Z?

- if this is impact switch and replace it with new one , is it safe remove impact one from inventory ? i read before is not safe

pls check attached images

thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

- some devices in my DNAc has reachability status ( ping reachable ) even after i resynch the device it still ping reachable 
=> depending on how you added the switch to DNA center this means that the IP-address is reachable
if the IP-address is assigned to another device, than there is a mismatch -> you need to remove the device from DNA and rediscover

- some devices in my DNAc has Manageability status (serial no conflict ) even this is the only device with this serial no,  i resynch the device it still serial no conflict
=> this comes down to the same as above, the IP-address has been assigned to another switch (with another serial number)

- i moved one switch from site X to site Z , is it safe to remove switch from X site ? or it is impact with switch in site Z?
=> this should be no big problem there can be many switches per site
be aware if you are using different templates/network settings  per site the switch may be updated by the new templates/settings

- if this is impact switch and replace it with new one , is it safe remove impact one from inventory ? i read before is not safe
=> it is no problem to remove a device from the inventory if not connected to the network anymore
    but if it still needs to be replaced, there is a replacement workflow

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

=> depending on how you added the switch to DNA center this means that the IP-address is reachable
if the IP-address is assigned to another device, than there is a mismatch -> you need to remove the device from DNA and rediscover

=> this comes down to the same as above, the IP-address has been assigned to another switch (with another serial number)

=> this should be no big problem there can be many switches per site
be aware if you are using different templates/network settings  per site the switch may be updated by the new templates/settings

=> it is no problem to remove a device from the inventory if not connected to the network anymore
    but if it still needs to be replaced, there is a replacement workflow

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks Pieterh for your post

thanks again