cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Requesting some technical advice on an existing topology.

griffitd80
Level 1
Level 1

FRC-SDA-Diagram-2v2-JPEG.jpg

Hello Everyone-

We are currently designing a topology to support an industrial network. But requesting some direction respectfully. 

For starters, I do not have any experience when it comes to configuring both Fusion Core and Fabric Border devices. Nor do I have an emulator that supports these devices; unfortunately, I am limited on Packet Tracker covering predominately CCNA material. But I am willing to learn by digging in to the right direction. 

Understandably, I'll need to configure VRF. Which device would I configure VRF to support my topology? Fusion Core or Fabric Border? Should I configure link aggregation on the Fusion Core devices as opposed to the Fabric Borders? And, can someone briefly explain to me what is the need for a Fabric Intermediate? Does this behave in the Distribution or Access Layer? I see a lot of trunking will be configured to support a lot of inter-vlan routing. Any direction or links you suggest that I should take a look at that are very similar to this topology would be greatly appreciated. 

Have a great day!

cam

1 Reply 1

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Griffitd80,

I would suggest you get familiar with the SD-Access architecture, fabric functions, design and best practices.

For that, there's a full CiscoLive learning map that you can go through and that will help answer these questions you have.

I know it's not a direct answer to your questions, but by going through the materials, you'll get a better understanding of how things work.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards.