cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some ports on C9200 Switch not passing traffic

jeffwill1345
Level 1
Level 1

We have a C9200L-48P-4X deployed. All of the gigabit ethernet interfaces are on one vlan. Most of the interfaces pass traffic just fine but there are at least 4 interfaces (that we know of) that don't pass traffic. All of the interfaces are configured exactly the same and none of them were shutdown or disabled. We first noticed an issue because the PCs connected to the affected interfaces couldn't connect to the domain. When we switched the interfaces that the PCs were connected to, they could connect to the domain with no issues. Any ideas as why this might be happening?

I've attached the interfaces from sh run. The affected interfaces are 25,27,28,30 but their configurations aren't any different than the others.

7 Replies 7

show spanning tree 
are the port is FWD or BLK ?

show interface status 
are the port is a-full a-speed and connect or not ?

MHM

jeffwill1345
Level 1
Level 1

The spanning tree shows FWD for all ports

The ports are on auto speed

show interface x/x accounting <<- if you see packets IN and OUT then the port forward the traffic 
MHM 

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @jeffwill1345 ,

can you provide the output of the show interface Gi x/y command of the interfaces that are not passing traffic?

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the switch on?

What is the uptime of the offending switch?

Is this switch part of a stack or standalone?

jeffwill1345
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help everyone! We're going to be rebooting the switch. I'll let you guys know if the problem still occurs after that.

@jeffwill1345 wrote:
We're going to be rebooting the switch.

The switch will need to be cold-rebooted, i.  e.  power cable and power supplies will need to be removed.

Depending on the firmware version of the switch, this exercise will need to be performed every 6 months or when this same issue re-occurs.