cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linux server and/or version?

trfinkenstadt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there intent to make this available for linux hosts?

Also, can I use this to connect to my network management server and then jump to my IOS devices?

best regards,

tim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Bollier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,

We are evaluating the implementation of a Linux client. You can use a jump server in order to connect to a Cisco device in the current build. However, you will need to hit the "refresh" button in the bottom right of your terminal session once you have successfully logged into the supported Cisco device. Upon initiating a refresh you should see the detection process "show version" and IOS displayed. All supported IOS tools should be available then. See screenshot below.

FYI. Ensure you have command rights to issue a "show version" or the refresh will not work properly.

We will be automating this in a future release to make it as seamless as possible.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

John Bollier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,

We are evaluating the implementation of a Linux client. You can use a jump server in order to connect to a Cisco device in the current build. However, you will need to hit the "refresh" button in the bottom right of your terminal session once you have successfully logged into the supported Cisco device. Upon initiating a refresh you should see the detection process "show version" and IOS displayed. All supported IOS tools should be available then. See screenshot below.

FYI. Ensure you have command rights to issue a "show version" or the refresh will not work properly.

We will be automating this in a future release to make it as seamless as possible.

Regards,

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: