Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Plugin for VMware vSphere Web Client is available for download from Cisco.com:

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin Release 2.0.3 for VMware vSphere Web Client:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features/enhancements to ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vcplugin@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin Release 1.0.1 for VMware vCenter Orchestrator:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features/enhancements to ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vco@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco UCS Central Plugin Release 1.0 for VMware vRealize Orchestrator:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vco@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

Comments
vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

This should not happen. Are able to login to UCSM GUI using the same credentials.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Yes I can.  I also tried to register the usc domain on the Vcenter and its the same results.

thanks for the help

I found the answer.  Port 443 need to be open between the ucs managers and Vcenter servers not the actual workstation where the plugin is being used from.

Thanks. for the help.

zmi
Community Member

I installed the Plugin and it works, but the wording "UCS domain" sounds like it would only work with a UCS blade. We only have two UCS C-series servers, so there's nothing from this tool I could use, right? At least, I see zero chassis/rack mounts/fabric interconnects, and can't do anything. I could register our two servers, though.

Back to why I installed it: I want to use VMware DPM, but haven't found how IPMI has to be configured on a UCS-C server in order to get that. Maybe someone can help?

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

VCPlugin supports UCSM managed rack servers. We do not support stand alone C series servers. 

rfinfusionsoft
Community Member

I'm unable to get the UCS Plugin Registration Tool (0.9.4) to work.

We are running UCS Manager 2.2(1d), vSphere 5.5, and vSphere PowerCLI is installed. I am running the Registration Tool on the vCenter server itself and I get the error "Cannot connect to vCenter. Enter valid IP address/hostname of the vCenter. I am able to access the vSphere Web Client.

I've tried IP, FQDN, with/without: http/https, port number, etc. Same error everytime. We are using the self-signed cert...thinking that may be a problem but don't have a proper cert to test with.

Any help would be appreciated.

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Roman,

We have not faced this problem yet. We will try to reproduce it and will keep you posted.  

rfinfusionsoft
Community Member

Thank you Vaibhav. The vSphere/vCenter server is Server 2008 R2 running on Hyper-V that is managed by our internal IT team. Could this be caused due to the vSphere/vCenter server being on a different subnet? I have added the hosts and datastores to vSphere without issues.

Where is the best location to install the UCS plugin? I figured it would be the vSphere/vCenter server itself.

jayhumph
Community Member

I'm also having this same problem with the 0.9.5 version.

rfinfusionsoft
Community Member

Hi Jay,

I fixed this issue by using another Windows machine to run the UCS registration tool, instead of using the vCenter server itself. On this other Windows machine I installed PowerCLI 5.1, even though vCenter is 5.5.

hi,

should this work with vcenter server appliance 5.5.0.10200 Build 1891314 and plugin version 0.9.5?

i have a win2012R2 server additionally to the vcsa server where we can handle plugins/extension which are not vcsa aware like vmware update manager. installed powerCLI 5.5.0.5836 and executed the registration tool which gave me a success message. both vcsa and win2012r2 have internet access but in directory /var/lib/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity i see nothing from ucs plugin. curiously if i open the thick vsphere client - i see the plugin there in the plugin manager. nothing is showing up in web client - restarted web client and waited from minutes/hours.

any help/tips would be much appreciated

br

Christoph

I am also getting the error as described above.

"

I'm unable to get the UCS Plugin Registration Tool (0.9.4) to work.

We are running UCS Manager 2.2(1d), vSphere 5.5, and vSphere PowerCLI is installed. I am running the Registration Tool on the vCenter server itself and I get the error "Cannot connect to vCenter. Enter valid IP address/hostname of the vCenter. I am able to access the vSphere Web Client.

When I click on plugins I see plugin but I am unable to enable it.

Please help?

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you trying using the latest plugin Cisco UCS Manager Plugin for VMware vCenter (Version 1.0(2))

I already am

RegisterVCPlugin-095.zip & ucs-vcplugin-1.0.2.zip

lturchin99
Level 1
Level 1

Using 1.02 plugin and successfully registered it.  The UCS icon appears in VSphere Web Client and I get the following message when I try to register a UCS domain:

Not able to login into UCS

Connection to 10.x.x.x failed. Reason:

Connection timed out: connect

I have increased the time out values in UCSM.  I do see the plug in MOB

I have tried a login using http and https and have increased the timeout value in UCSM.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

Lee Turchin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links