cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding stack member using dnac

p.whitton
Level 1
Level 1

I can either add a new physical switch to an existing stack in dnac and then do a resync or provision on the cli of the switch in advance of adding the new member and then resync in dnac. At which point dnac becomes aware that stack has a new member.

My question is how do you then get dnac to actually put some (fabric) config on the new interfaces on the new stack member so they can be used by clients?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

fh
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same problem! the only solution is to copy and paste the interface config from the existing stackmembers to the new stackmembers over CLI and reload the whole stack...

Hi

DNAC has a feature called "Device Replacement" under Inventory > Actions.

You may want to take a look on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILTxmRtLVY 

fh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Miranda

thanks for your suggestion. But this replacement workflow is no help if you want to add stackmembers to an existing Stack.

Maybe there will be a Workflow for Adding Stackmembers in the future?

I will test on my lab environment and get back to you.

Rajesh Kongath
Level 1
Level 1

We also have the same issue, we are manually doing host onboarding port configuration for the newly added member ports. Manually copy past on CLI can cause a compliance error. I am using a small python code with a for loop invoking SDA API to configure in bulk.

I have opened a case on this issue, TAC yet to come back, i will post the outcome here.  

Rajesh Kongath
Level 1
Level 1

Update!

TAC is suspecting a potential bug for our case ( new stack members doesn't have any port configuration). We have seen the same behavior for all versions from 1.3.X.X. The workaround suggested in the bug details will still miss the IPDT command or sometime bpduguard command

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa44791

bora1337
Level 1
Level 1

Rajesh Kongath
Level 1
Level 1

I found a better workaround for this issue.

1. DNAC > Design > Network Settings > Go to the affected site/floor > Disable wired end point data collection
  2. DNAC > Provision > Inventory > Go to affected site > select affected device > Action > Telemetry > Update telemetry settings > Force. 

Now re-enable wired data end point collection and re-apply telemetry settings with forced ticked. This will add the missing “device-tracking attach-policy IPDT_POLICY”

Hope it helps, Thanks