Views
Helpful
Replies

Provision existing Catalyst 9800 in DNAC

pbogaerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have an existing Catalyst 9800 that was installed several months ago. Now we istalled DNAC and would like to provision the Catalyst 9800, the Catalyst 9800 is discovered and managed.

I found documentation how to do it when you start with a clean configuration, but not for an existing configured device, can we do a provison with no problem (is there no risk to overwrite the exiting config), and will it sync the config in to DNAC or what should be done, just provision and add to a site.

Please advice

Peter

6 Replies 6

ammahend
VIP
VIP

do you want to do SDA for Wireless or just need to use Assurance for 9800. for later, you don'd need to provision the controller, just discover and assign to a site.

if you want to SDA that would be a little longer discussion.

-hope this helps-

Hello,
For now assurance should be enough, but when I put an AP on a map it doesn't show active, icon stays black, I thought that it was to do with the provisioning.
Regards,
Peter

I doubt that would be because of provisioning. By provisioning you are pushing global configuration defines on DNAC along with wireless settings, profiles etc. 

what version of DNAC are you running ?

-hope this helps-

Hi ammahend,
Thanks for you reply, we are running version 1.2.10.

I apologize for late reply.

you don't have to provision AP to assign them on map. here is an example enclosed.

-hope this helps-

Hi I'm wondering the same thing.  I've got a 9800-CL with 500+ WAPs already on the controller, and I want to add it to DNAC.  The only way to pull assurance data is to enable DNAC controllability.  What will DNAC do to my config?  It says the following settings are in scope:

SNMP creds

NETCONF creds

Cisco TrustSec

IPDT enablement

Controller certs

SNMP trap server definitions

Syslog server definitions

Netflow collector definitions

Wireless network assurance

The only thing I want configured is wireless network assurance.  Nothing else.  How do I achieve this?  Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card