cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blade Firmware fails after 2+ hours

jn242
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fully managed intersight environment with a 5018 chassis and 8 identical m5 blades im wanting to install. 

I was able to get the first one to install and its been running for a month now with no issues. I upgraded from an older firmware when they were managed in another system (from 4.1.33d to 5.2(0.230127) and it worked fine. 

I go to do the same to this second blade and firmware failed after sitting for 2+hours. Same model, same internals, no error in IMM other than "failed".

I have a case open with TAC but still waiting on them to get back to me. Im wondering if there is anything i can look at that will give me more info on why it failed or maybe i should try the firmware upgrade again in hopes it will complete? I really dont want to waste another  2+ hours  and dont have days to wait on TAC responses. In the end ill probably have to do or try both but if there is something i can do to be troubleshooting this so i can get this completed, that would be great. 

Im just out of ideas considering IMM gives no details in its interface at all other than "Waiting for Adapter Firmware Upgrade to Complete failed"

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card