cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing admin pwd on 6454 FI managed by Intersight connected VA

rick b
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of recently-deployed 6454 FIs that are managed by an Intersight connected virtual appliance.

During the initial deployment of the FIs a password was selected that was temporary in nature and now I would like to change it to something more secure.

I connected to the A-side FI via SSH, ran the change-password command, entered the new password twice, and was immediately kicked out of the PuTTY session.  When I attempt to re-connect, it immediately closes.

I'm able to connect to the B-side FI (using the NEW password).  I'm thinking that I need to do something like a commit-buffer or some kind of confirmation, but it kicked me out before I could do so.  Is there a way to do this from the B-side FI or will I have to go physically plug into this thing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The change-password command should sync it across both FI's just verified on one of my domains with the following:

# show version
Device Connector Version: 1.0.9-1654

Management Package Version: 1.0.9-489

If the management pack version is less than 1.0.9.302 it might be related to:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz26300

Best option would be a TAC case to investigate further if its not the above

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The change-password command should sync it across both FI's just verified on one of my domains with the following:

# show version
Device Connector Version: 1.0.9-1654

Management Package Version: 1.0.9-489

If the management pack version is less than 1.0.9.302 it might be related to:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz26300

Best option would be a TAC case to investigate further if its not the above

Thanks for your help.  The management pack is less that what you specified so that may be it.  It appears I'm not authorized to open that bug report so I've submitted a TAC case to investigate further.

Updated the firmware on the FI and confirmed that everything is working as expected now.  Updated firmware on a second set of FIs and changed the password afterward without issue.

Thanks again!