cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

export config from one intersight and import to another

tdubb123
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to export config in intersight from one and import into another? I have configured a staging intersight exactly yhe way i want it but i need this info in a prod appliance but have no way to run ansible on it. 

12 Replies 12

Sandeep Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the Intersight Transition tool if you are trying to move the logical configuration from one Intersight Instance to another.

It can also be used for transitioning an Intersight configuration between accounts, or between a SaaS instance and an Appliance (or vice versa).

Here is a link for the same: https://ucstools.cloudapps.cisco.com/#/downloadApp

tdubb123
Level 1
Level 1

thanks. does this require both appliance access each other? I dont have that access right now

You would need access to both appliances from the IMM Transition tool as you would be pulling config from one and pushing to the 2nd one. 

Intersight-Staging <-- IMM Transition tool --> Intersight-Production

is therte any other option? the 2 envs are completely isolated

Yes.

Step-1: Install and Connect the IMM Transition tool VM to the first Intersight instance to download the Configuration JSON file.

Step-2: Install a new IMM transition tool VM close to the 2nd Intersight instance with the new IP range and use the configuration from Step-1. 

so if i import the json config into the 2nd IMM, i get an option to import that into the prod intersight?

Sandeep Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will be using IMM Transition tool to push the config to Prod Intersight. IMM Transition tool uses Intersight API to push the config.

Note: In my last response, I mentioned about installing a 2nd instance of IMM Transition tool. This may not be needed if the 1st instance of IMM Transition tool has reachability to the Prod Intersight.

i am on the IMM tool to clone my source intersight but its still in progress for past 2 days running. any idea?

Sandeep Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It shouldn't take this long. Should be done in less than 5 minutes.  You may want to open a TAC case and see if they can help you with this or check with your Cisco account team and get someone from the customer success team.

Possible Issues:

- Connectivity

- Invalid API Keys

do i select the clone intersight option? there are 4 options in transitions. 

in the operational logs, I see this

EasyUCS supports version 1.0.9-655 and above. Yopur version 1.0.9-615 is not supported.

what does this mean? is it my IMM version or intersight?

can i do incremental exports to json and import/push to another intersight. What is happening is I make a change on one intersight and have to download the whole config and reimport into the destination with the entire config instead of incremental changes