cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding additional images to CML 2.0

sean2legros2015
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to create a true to network lab to properly simulate and deploy configuration templates my team plans on implementing in the future. I have run into an issue converting the .bin files from Cisco's Software download site to .qcow2 which is required by CML2.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sean 

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I don't think you can do that; I would surprised if you could do such converting Cisco .bin image file into to .qcow2 by yourself.  That would be done by Cisco if they want to add another image.  Standard images for some devices are already in CML 

You can convert non-Cisco images like your Windows 10 or 7 into qcow image and import it into CML.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Martin,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I read that you can using QEMU, I just am not familiar with the program. Would CML2 integrated devices then rely on Cisco to push out updates to stay current with with the recommended IOS? 

I am actively looking for a program to convert ISO images to QEMU.  I also read that you can do that and even in CML it states, when you attempt to upload an image that it needs to be convert to QEMU.  If I find a program I will shoot you a reply.