cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML 2.0 & Breakout tool won't display ports over telnet session using TERMIUS program

Tony C.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, this is more FYI.

I've faced a strange problem on my CML2.0 installation. I've it installed on a ESXi server version 6.5. 

I've spun up a lab with 6 IOSv nodes and use breakout tool to connect to devices via telnet since I run it on a remote server.

Although, if I run a "show run" command from the telnet session, the interfaces won't show up. But via the web console it will be fine.

I was connecting via OS X using a telnet client called "Termius" (available on windows as well).

Once I tried over a linux VM and the breakout tool it worked fine.

After installing telnet in OS X (Catalina, so I went via Homebrew) that was fine as well. Looks like this tool is not the best option for the Apple platform.

3 Replies 3

Ollie Y
Level 1
Level 1
Looks like termius is cutting the configuration after the 1st page. Like you've pressed 'q' following show run, check the paging settings perhaps.

Thanks! You're right.

Termius sends an "^@" each time you type "enter" which breaks the text continuation. Same problem found on the windows version I just tested.

But this app terminal options are pretty much scarse compared to PuTTY or MobaXterm on Windows so I couldn't change any parameter related to that.

Anyhow I'll use telnet client from the OS X terminal. Just wanted a more friendly way to connect to my labs without having to type in each device ip/port and have them from a single tabbed telnet client app (and yes a shell script may be an option).

I have the same issue with royal TSX (had the same problem with terminus when trying to rule out royal TSX).  Oddly enough, if I add an external connector and enable telnet on the VTY ports, the issue disappears.  It seems to be specific to the breakout tool. Hopefully can find a resolution soon.