Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug commands do not work on IOSv when Importing lab

I'm using the latest CML Personal 2.2.3 with Reference platform ISO File refplat_p-20210511-fcs.iso.

If I Import a lab where IOSv routers start up with saved configs in the 'Edit Config' tab of the CML Workbench, then 'debug' commands do not work on those routers - no debug output is shown.

If I import the same lab topology and the IOSv routers do not have a saved config, then debug commands work fine.

Anybody found a fix for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I figured out the problem...

For some bizarre reason the system adds 'no logging console' to the device configuration when you 'Download Lab'.

I don't have CML running right now to write detailed instructions sorry, but basically what you need to do is 'Wipe' the devices on the 'Simulate' tab (don't worry this does not remove their configs) so that you can then edit and save their configs on their 'Edit Config' tabs.

On each device, edit 'no logging console' to 'logging console', Save and then Download the lab again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

EvgenyRTP
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Having the same issue:

Router1#sh debug

Cryptographic Subsystem:
Crypto ISAKMP debugging is on
Crypto IPSEC debugging is on

ping 10.1.1.1 source lo10
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.1.1.1, timeout is 2 seconds:
Packet sent with a source address of 10.5.5.1

Router1#sh cry isakmp sa
IPv4 Crypto ISAKMP SA
dst src state conn-id status
192.1.10.1 192.1.50.1 QM_IDLE 1001 ACTIVE

IPv6 Crypto ISAKMP SA

I can't get IPSEC SA established and no debugging info at all.

Any way to fix this?

I figured out the problem...

For some bizarre reason the system adds 'no logging console' to the device configuration when you 'Download Lab'.

I don't have CML running right now to write detailed instructions sorry, but basically what you need to do is 'Wipe' the devices on the 'Simulate' tab (don't worry this does not remove their configs) so that you can then edit and save their configs on their 'Edit Config' tabs.

On each device, edit 'no logging console' to 'logging console', Save and then Download the lab again.