Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use of connect Cisco VMware appliances with CML

Tom -K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently started using CML v2 personal in combination with VMware workstation for my CCNP security study.

In the VMware software  I use various Cisco virtual appliances such as FTD and ISE, all based on the OVA files.

How can I use these VMs in CML?

I tried to connect adding a second NIC in CML and connecting a Vlan to it? I have also tried the option to use a second brigde. I am curious about the possibilities of using virtual Cisco appliances in combination with CML? Is the only method to create a node definition or an image definition AKA qcow file and import it?

1 Reply 1

Ollie Y
Level 1
Level 1

How possible this is with VMware workstation I'm not sure, but certainly with VMware ESXi hosts this is very doable.

You'll need to create a bridge interface (non-NAT) to an interface on CML that has access to the other subnet/VLAN with your OVA appliances (can be done in CML Cockpit and networking)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: