cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Image "IOSv" was not found in OpenStack: Help Needed

bernard.reed
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed CMLv1.1 ova on ESXi and am new to the product. After getting the license installed and connecting the CML client to the server I get the following error when trying to start a simulation with on two IOSv routers attached to each other:

Image "IOSv" was not found in OpenStack
 Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1475, in full_dispatch_request
 rv = self.dispatch_request()

File "/usr/local/lb/python2.7/dist-packages'flask/app.py", line 1461, in dispatch_request
 return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
File "<string>" line 2, in simengine_launch
File "home/jenkins/jenkins/jobs?VIRL_CORE_build/workspace/test-virl-repo/virl/std/implementation.py", line 234, in middleware
File "home/jenkins/jenkins/jobs?VIRL_CORE_build/workspace/test-virl-repo/virl/std/implementation.py", line 1029, in simengine_launch
File "home/jenkins/jenkins/jobs?VIRL_CORE_build/workspace/test-virl-repo/virl/std/management.py", line 1056, in add
File "home/jenkins/jenkins/jobs?VIRL_CORE_build/workspace/test-virl-repo/virl/std/management.py", line 1735, in _after_create
File "home/jenkins/jenkins/jobs?VIRL_CORE_build/workspace/test-virl-repo/virl/std/implementation.py", line 2319, in can start
File "home/jenkins/jenkins/jobs?VIRL_CORE_build/workspace/test-virl-repo/virl/openstack/client.py", line 732, in get_image_id
ClientException:Image "IOSv" was not found in OpenStack

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? Obviously Openstack can't find the IOSv images and neither can I>

7 Replies 7

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Could you please select the IOSv router in the topology editor window, then going to the "Node" properties and scrolling down to the "VM Image" section and selecting the image to boot with.

Verify if the IOSv image is present there in the selection or not. 

If the image is present, please select the image. This should fix your problem. If its not present, then we can try to rehost the server and see if that helps.

Thanks

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

The problem is when we browse to the "node image"  and then "Select VM Image" nothing shows up on the list. How do we get the images to load from the server?

Also logging into the UWM Server and clicking the "Images" link, a message reading "no images found in the Openstack repository" is displayed.

We have re-hosted several times with no luck getting any of the default images loaded into the Openstack Repository.

How do we get the images to load into the repository?

Hello Bernard

I dont think the CML server is installed properly. You should be able to see a default IOSv image in it. Can you go to :

CML client->File->Preferences->Node Subtypes->Fetch From Server->OK->Ok

If this doesnt populates your node types / images, then you might have to install the CML server again. Alternatively, you can download the images and upload it via CML Client.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

We went with the reinstall CML Server option. We now have images. We are not connected to the internet due to laboratory restrictions. How do we bypass the need to connect to DNS and NTP? Can't run simulations without it apparently.

I think NTP will be required by OpenStack, so there is no option to not have that running.

So, if I understand your question correctly, do you want to run CML without connecting to Internet. If thats the case, i think you can run it but max to a period of 7 days as it checks for license.

I may be wrong as well. I think it would be better to contact Cisco support for part..

Hope the information helps.

Regards

Vinit

PS: Please mark the question as answered if your query was answered. Also, please rate useful posts.

Thanks
--Vinit

Sorry for the back and forth but we are using CML rather than the VIRL personal addition product. CML licenses can be used for stand alone server mode with no need to connect to an external license server. It does, however, still assume a connection to NTP

Thanks Bernard for clarification. I think regarding DNS or internet connectivity for CML, someone else might be a able to answer your query.

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit