cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sub-interfaces and vlan support

chris-gibbs
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using CML v2 over the last couple of days to test out a couple of changes that I have coming up and it seems to be really bad with regards to vlans and sub-interfaces.

Tried with ASAv, IOSv and NX-OS 9K. All seem affected and do not pass traffic as soon as vlans are involved.

Capturing packets seems to indicate traffic is flowing in one direction but there is no reply to the ARP request.

Tried different labs, seems to only affect one or two links in the topology but always at least 1 link affected.

Running on ESXi 6.5.

Starting to get quite frustrating. Happy to work through issues with TAC / BU if required and would like to be added to early-release / pilot program if it exists.

Any help understanding the limitations of the product would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

AigarsK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Funny that you mention this, I ran into similar issue when testing VRF configuration with sub-interfaces, used switch with trunk to the main router as per image.

Setup.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: