cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to enter alphanumeric passwords while calling into zoom while using your DX80 codec.

airtelvcexpress
Beginner
Beginner

how to enter alphanumeric passwords while calling into zoom while using your DX80 codec.

3 Replies 3

Aviral Pal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Endpoint side, we support only digits for PIN code. i.e. We cannot enter alphanumeric password as DTMF on endpoints.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu34905

jjlatessa
Beginner
Beginner

Aviral, 

The link provided returns the following: You are not entitled to access bug: CSCvu34905

Can you provide some more information?

Thank you

aabji
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the entry required to be DTMF? When I try to join the Zoom meeting from my DX80, I get a Zoom page with a text box to enter. I can pull up an alphanumeric keyboard in order to search my directory, but I cannot do the same for the text box which only offers the numeric keypad. I’m connected via Ethernet, and I’m curious if there’s a software workaround here to get letters and not numbers in that text box. Seems like an unfortunate limitation even though the device is relatively older it’s still very capable and this would help a lot of people use their devices more which would be to Cisco’s benefit.

Can anyone take a look at this now that it’s 2022 and we’re putting Zoom on desk devices? Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers