Views
Helpful
Replies

Request for IP-TUNNEL-MIB Support on Cisco 9300L-48T-4G-E Switch

AdminMIB
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I hope you are all doing well. I recently acquired a Cisco 9300L-48T-4G-E switch for my network, and I'm facing an issue related to SNMP monitoring. Specifically, the switch does not seem to support the IP-TUNNEL-MIB, which is crucial for monitoring network tunnels using SNMP.

I was able to monitor it using ISR 4331 which has TUNNEL-MIB

Issue Description:
The absence of IP-TUNNEL-MIB support on the Cisco 9300L-48T-4G-E switch is hindering my ability to effectively monitor tunnel activity and performance on the switch.

Request for Assistance:
I kindly request the assistance of the Cisco community in addressing this issue. I'm looking for guidance on the following:
- Are there any plans to include IP-TUNNEL-MIB support in future firmware updates for the Cisco 9300L-48T-4G-E switch?
- Are there alternative methods or workarounds to enable tunnel monitoring through SNMP on this switch?

Additional Information:
- Switch Model: Cisco 9300L-48T-4G-E
- Release: 17.3.6
- SNMP Tool in Use: PRTG

I appreciate any insights, advice, or experiences that the Cisco community can share. Your expertise will be highly valuable in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your time and support.

Sincerely,
AdminMIB

1 Reply 1

jasonroy1565
Level 1
Level 1

I recently acquired a Cisco 9300L-48T-4G-E switch for my network, but I'm facing an issue with SNMP monitoring. The switch does not seem to support the IP-TUNNEL-MIB, which is crucial for monitoring network tunnels. I've successfully monitored tunnels using the ISR 4331 with the stickwar TUNNEL-MIB. I kindly request the assistance of the Cisco community to address this issue. Are there plans to include IP-TUNNEL-MIB support in future firmware updates for the 9300L-48T-4G-E switch? Or are there alternative methods or workarounds to enable tunnel monitoring through SNMP on this switch? Any insights or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your valuable expertise in helping resolve this matter.