cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting VLAN Connectivity Issue on Cisco Switch

JackBDMN
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently facing a VLAN connectivity issue on my Cisco switch. I've configured the VLANs, but devices in different VLANs can't seem to communicate. I've checked the configurations, and everything seems fine. What steps can I take to troubleshoot and resolve this VLAN connectivity issue?

Cisco switch.jpg

My friend told me through whatsapp apk that he's also facing the same issue.

4 Replies 4

You need 

Config SVI for each vlan

Make SW L3 via 

Ip routing 

MHM

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @JackBDMN 

Which switch is it ? If a traditional L2 as C2960, by default inter vlan communication is not possible since It works as Layer 2! You need a L3 equipement to achieve this. Or of you enable "L3 capabilities" on that Switch...depend on the model.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are lot of information missing here for the community to help in best way :

1. Always provide the environment - where other peers can understand the setup "rather generic not work ?"

2. what Device models  and what IOS code running /

3. how is these devices conencted each other  - Layer 2 running or Layer 3 p2p configuration ?

but devices in different VLANs can't seem to communicate. 

What VLAN those are give the numbers - from what VLAN you trying to access what VLAN - do you have IP address of that VLANS ?

For VLAN to VLAN (different VLAN) communication, you need Layer 3 routing should take place, what device doing this Layer 3 Routing here ?

I've checked the configurations, and everything seems fine

what basis this was fine, since you have issue, so there may be some configuration missing that where it is not working, hence this post here.

post below information to help better :

Give high level picture of your network

show vlan  (from devices)

show ip interface brief

show ip route

show cdp neigh

show spann summary

ahow ip arp

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@JackBDMN

What troubleshooting has been done? 

NOTE:  My response is to elicit a response from the bot scrubber.