cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any plans to allow multiple proximity endpoints in the same room?

Just wondering if there are any plans to allow more than one TP endpoint in the same room to support proximity in future?  We've got a couple of rooms with multiple endpoints capable of proximity but we've had to turn it off because it's not supported - it would be a great feature to have.

2 Replies 2

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right now, the ultrasonic modem used for Proximity is not designed to cater for multiple senders. In my office, I do have a few devices with proximity enabled, but as you say - it's not supported. The reason is that the overall experience becomes less predictive; all depending on acoustics in the room, how loud each system is playing etc - you might get very unreliable results. 

All things equal, you *normally* get pairing with the device you are closest to. But I had to tweak the ultrasound levels to get more reliable pairing to my desk DX, and only get paired to my MX when I move close to it. You can tweak the pairing volume with

xConfig Peripherals Pairing Ultrasound Volume MaxLevel

We do play with other modem solutions to cater for multiple devices, but it is not something we'll deliver short term. 

In your case, Nick, what would be the best user experience? Say you have two devices in a room; should the client ask which device when you initiate the share? Should one be default and allow for over-ride?

Best regards,
Henrik

Hello Henrik,

as we currently face the same Problem I'd like to answer your question even though the thread is rather old.

Yes, your Suggestion would be ideal for us. Add a choosing window the first time, and save the last connected DX80 to Autoconnect the next time, with a menu button to manually choose available other Systems.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: