cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I only view content through a video call? Not through local presentations?

abrrymnvette
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to view the content on my device when we're just doing a local presentation and not doing a video call? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

It´s not very clear what information you want, but as of your last comment it seems you want to view the content on the Proximity Desktop application shared from someone else, correct? This is not currently possible on the Desktop version. You have to use the Cisco Proximity App on your handheld device for this purpose.

It seemed from the headline and your initial question that you just asked if you could share your screen to the video device when not in a call. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Yes, you can share content to a system that is not in a call and do local presentation.

/Magnus

The I must be missing something. I was testing it out and my coworker had his laptop connected to the MX300g2 and was sharing his screen, but my Proximity only had the option for me to share my screen and nothing to receive the contents he was sharing. 

Hi

It´s not very clear what information you want, but as of your last comment it seems you want to view the content on the Proximity Desktop application shared from someone else, correct? This is not currently possible on the Desktop version. You have to use the Cisco Proximity App on your handheld device for this purpose.

It seemed from the headline and your initial question that you just asked if you could share your screen to the video device when not in a call. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

/Magnus