cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can proximity feature only used for content sharing locally (within same room) without video call ?

leo.lickit
Level 1
Level 1

Can proximity feature only used for content sharing locally (within same room) without video call ?

5 Replies 5

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Definitely!

In fact - we have more usage of Proximity sharing in a "local meeting" (eg outside a call) than in a call.

Just walk in to the room and hit share (or the shortcut Alt-F12) to start sharing. No need to be in a call first.

Best regards,
Henrik

Leo - I might have answered too quickly; not sure if your question was if we *only* can use Proximity outside call. Just to clarify; you can use Proximity sharing both
* when there is a call set up (presentation visible to people both locally and remote)
or
* when there is no call ongoing (presentation only visible to people in the room)

/H

henrikba  

Thanks for information sir.

I have another question, is it possible to install intelligent proximity app on following devices ?

• Cisco DX70 end point
  • Any Smart TV that running Android operation  system

For some reasons we using DX70 and Android based smart TVs in our meeting room. I want to know is it possible to connect them to our MX800 via intelligent proximity app for receiving content on them in a local meeting.

And what is the maximum number limitation for MX800 in intelligent proximity connection ?

is it 10 based on following link ?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12159326/troubleshooting-guide-cisco-proximity#Content_sharing_towards_client_

Thanks in Advance.

Actually I have never tried to install Proximity on a DX70 nor a smart TV. Would be cool if it worked - have you tried?

I see your usecase, but would recommend connecting a second screen as a dual-display to the video system, rather than using Proximity. That gives you more flexibility on video layouts, better control etc.

10 connections max is correct for MX800, yes.

Best regards,
Henrik

Thanks for info and your reply Henrik.

No i don't tried Proximity on a DX70 or smart TV yet but it's important to know is it possible or not first.

About dual-display i got your point, intelligent proximity is not good idea for video call, i just try to use it as a extra display for showing power point slides in internal meetings. currently i cant use HDMI cable between smart TV and MX800 codec BC of distance.

Kind Regards,