Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make Proximity work? Help needed

shengl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Proximity team,

I recently installed Proximity version 1.1.1.0 Windows. Since installation completed, the Proximity tray icon keeps saying "Searching for video systems..." when I mouse over it. 

I tried to sit close to TP device (building 31 1st floor Hearts Castle conf room), and there is nothing happens. What should I do to make this work?

My laptop is Lenovo W540, a standard Cisco laptop. I see my colleague who has Macbook has using Proximity to share screen, and it is pretty nice feature but my windows version just does not work for me.

Please help and appreciated.

Sam

Some update: by reading the reply to others, I disabled all the effect with my mic, then proximity starts working.

18 Replies 18

Thank you all. The alpha works fine. :-)

Hi Hendrik,

How can I enable this feature on a sx10 with software version: TC7.3.2.14ad7cc?

Regards Marc

Hi Marc,

It's highly recommended that you upgrade your SX10 to CE8.x which fully supports Proximity.

TC7.3.2 is also subject to some security vulnerabilities, and this version has been deferred as well.  If you're going to stay on the TC software train, you should upgrade to at least version TC7.3.6.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Important update - Proximity 2.0 is out

Just as a general comment/update - as of July 2016, the Proximity 2.0 client is released. This significantly improves pairing performance on Windows. For most laptops, it is no longer required to fiddle with settings for "microphone effects" etc. 

Please update the client to the latest (http://proximity.cisco.com) and open the Proximity app window. While the window is open, we use the microphone in "exclusive mode", by-passing many of the problems we had on Windows earlier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: