cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDM Seems to be Blocking Proximity

Ervin George
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer that is having an issue where their corporate iPhones are not able to connect via Proximity to their TP devices that are registered to CUCM.  The iPhones discover the TP devices, but can't connect to them.

If I go into their environment and connect to the corporate wireless network I CAN connect with my (non-MDM managed) iPhone.  If they register the same endpoints to Webex, they are able to connect with Webex Teams proximity from their corporate, MDM-manged, iPhones.  They have opened a TAC case and TAC verified nothing is wrong on the TP devices and advised that they open a discussion here.  They have downloaded network utilities on the iPhone and can PING the TP devices from the iPhones.

Has anyone seen an issue where MDM pushes a policy that prevents mobile devices from connecting to our TP endpoints via proximity?  Perhaps a proxy setting or a policy to not allow SSL connections with self-signed certs?

6 Replies 6

Ervin George
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No ideas?

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sorry that there have been no replies. We don't have any expertise on iPhone in our team, nor any Apple MDM to test with that I know of. If the problem persists after we've released the next version of Proximity for iOS, please supply us with a support ID for the phone(s) in question.

When is the next version of proximity for iOS supposed to be released?  What is a support ID?

We're alpha testing it now, release schedule is unclear. The Support ID is a value you can find in the about dialog of any of the Cisco Proximity apps. It allows us to see if any issues have been reported by that client. This reporting happens automatically and anonymously, but we can look at what is happening in your case specifically if you provide a support ID. Sadly, due to changes in how we receive data from the clients, the currently released version isn't sending us any data. This is one of the more important fixes in the upcoming release.

Is there any way I could get the alpha release to International Paper to test out to see if it resolves their issue?

The alpha of the iOS app signed for internal testing only, and sadly it's therefore a bit of a pain to get it installed. I'll ask for a status update on the Alpha and get back to you.