cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Install with Default VPN Profile ?

ChristopherM
Level 1
Level 1

Rahul Govindan

You posted on 04-11-2018 File and locations to delete, however, the "What file to save Where", was extremely vague for anyone trying to follow the steps.

As was asked by many, How do you set up a DEFAULT VPN for Anyconnect, or for that matter, multiple VPN addresses to "select" in the "pull-down"? 

Many of the webpages on this topic state you place a file (preferences.xml ?  profile.xml ?) in "C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile", and it automagically picks it up. Yet that does NOT work. 

However, I have noted in every install I've done, afterwhich someone has "manually" set up their VPN, it stores the XML file in "C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml", not "C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile".  We are installing Version 4.10 on Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Would someone please take the time to explain "in detail" (Step 1, Step 2, Step 3) the configuration, when doing a "fresh install", what "file" to place where, or the commands I can include into our "AnyConnect Install Script" to set up " 1 " or more pre-configured VPN's for "ALL" Users that later log into that Laptop or Tablet ?

Respectfully

Christopher M

0 Replies 0