Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect not connect "VPN-Adapter ... repair" Conection failed

MarioR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (version 4.10.01075) from my university.
My computer has Windows 10 21H2, with Kaspersky and many other Software.

The client log (sorry, is in german):

20:21:54    Bereit zur Verbindung.
     20:26:50    Kontakt wird hergestellt mit vpnxxxxxxx.de.
     20:27:00    Benutzerdaten eingegeben.
     20:27:00    Antworten Sie auf das Banner.
     20:27:01    Benutzer hat Banner akzeptiert.
     20:27:01    VPN-Sitzung wird hergestellt...
     20:27:02    The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...
     20:27:02    Es wird nach Profilaktualisierungen gesucht...
     20:27:02    Es wird nach Produktaktualisierungen gesucht...
     20:27:02    Es wird nach Anpassungsaktualisierungen gesucht...
     20:27:02    Erforderliche Aktualisierungen werden durchgeführt...
     20:27:02    The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.
     20:27:02    VPN wird hergestellt - Verbindung wird initialisiert...
     20:27:02    VPN-Sitzung wird hergestellt...
     20:27:02    VPN wird hergestellt - System wird geprüft...
     20:27:02    VPN wird hergestellt - VPN-Adapter wird aktiviert...
     20:27:47    VPN wird hergestellt - VPN-Adapter wird repariert...
     20:28:34    Die Trennung wird durchgeführt. Bitte warten Sie...
     20:28:34    Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen.
     20:28:35    Bereit zur Verbindung.

I have test with shut down all securesoftware (kaspersky) an all other vpn services, but not change.
Also i have add the "vpnagent.exe, vpndownloader.exe, vpnui.exe" add to windowsfirewall and kaspersky as

trusted programs, ... no change.

How can i detect the problem?
Is Cisco AnyConnect ... Client at Windows 10 not as x64 version?

regards
Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MarioR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
i have found the problem and also found a solution.
The Problem is,
it is install Cisco AnyConnect Client and NordVPN-Client. On this situation use the Anyconnect-network-connection  "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Connection" not the correct network adapter. It use the "NordLynx" adapter, this Adapter is from NordVPN software and makes the Cisco client crashed.

Solution:
On network connection "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Connection" - properties window, "Establish Connection via" on Button "configure" ist going to the network-adapter. Alternate use the "Devicemanager".
Now your have the property window for "NordLynx" adapter. On the driver tabsheet use driver update button to change the driver manually to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnva-6.inf".
After this it the adapter name change to "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Virtual Adapter for Windows x64".

Now works Cisco AnyConnect and also NordVPN.

regards

Mario

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

MarioR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
i have found the problem and also found a solution.
The Problem is,
it is install Cisco AnyConnect Client and NordVPN-Client. On this situation use the Anyconnect-network-connection  "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Connection" not the correct network adapter. It use the "NordLynx" adapter, this Adapter is from NordVPN software and makes the Cisco client crashed.

Solution:
On network connection "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Connection" - properties window, "Establish Connection via" on Button "configure" ist going to the network-adapter. Alternate use the "Devicemanager".
Now your have the property window for "NordLynx" adapter. On the driver tabsheet use driver update button to change the driver manually to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnva-6.inf".
After this it the adapter name change to "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Virtual Adapter for Windows x64".

Now works Cisco AnyConnect and also NordVPN.

regards

Mario

Hi Mario, sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. If you're located in Virginia, you might want to look into local Repair Virginia services that can help you diagnose and resolve the problem. It could also be worth reaching out to your university's IT department for assistance in troubleshooting the issue. They may have encountered similar problems with the AnyConnect client and be able to provide guidance on resolving the issue. Best of luck!