Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't login to Packet Tracer

Hi

I need to run Packet Tracer 7.0 on Windows 10.

I can login to Netacad and Cisco websites with no problem at all. However, I can't login to Packet Tracer with the same credentials.

I type my password and press the "Sign In" button, nothing will happen. The login interface is just static.

I've even disabled firewalls and the antivirus but it didn't help me anyhow.

Thanks in advance

11 Replies 11

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Yes, sometimes it happens; Can u log in to net academy ?

you could  Login as guest and request help via Help > report issue ;  As Guest u have 3 saves of Pt file

OR go to net academy, login and seek help

If u open your existing PT file, close Login page, PT will show u Save , not save, Cancel , click on Cancel to closed that window but PT stays open.  you can work a bit like that till your credentials are fixed. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

paulhickey10479
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did you solve this issue? I had the same problem as you. I tried all the logical solutions to no avail. I then started on the illigocial solutions! I went into netacademy and changed my password. I then tried packet tracer again and it worked fine. 

So something about the password that I was using was causing problems for packet tracer. I was able to log into Cisco and NetAced no problem just Packet Tracer was the issue. Give that a try and see how you get on. 

Paul

Unfortunately this did not help me.

What else can I do to resolve the issue?

pcava
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I realise this is a 2020 thread, I am having the same issue. Were fixes found?

Regards

Yes, PT works for me w/o asking for any login/password

Regards, ML

pcava
Level 1
Level 1

I think it is the firewall at my workplace. Not sure what else I can try.

oh yes, very likely possible;  especially if you use PT on work pc.  have you tried "guest wifi" if you have one ?

Regards, ML

I will raise a job with my service centre- they will love me for it. 

Regards

israelmumpe854
Level 1
Level 1

why does cisco make it so hard to access packet tracer?? am still failing to login 

PT used to be not free and only available for NetAcademy students and its alumni.  at least now it is free but u have to log in once for 2 months or so; so price to pay

Regards, ML