cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 6500 VSS - system uptime not reset after reload

lbenigni
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do a sanitary reboot for a cluster of Catalyst 6506 in VSS that have the uptime counter more than 3 years old.
I tested a procedure with the "redundancy force-switchover" command on both member alternatively, but at the end teh "show version" displays:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX uptime is 3 years, 6 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 13 hours, 33 minutes
System returned to ROM by Stateful Switchover at 22:01:32 METDST Sun Nov 6 2022
System restarted at 22:02:42 METDST Sun Nov 6 2022

I tested another cluster with the "reload" command and the system uptime counter was reset.
I've not tested the "redundancy reload shelf xx" command and I need to know if with that command I can reload both member alternatively and obtain the system uptime resetted.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per i know until both members go offline that time will not reset.

you can can check with below command give you when was the reloaded each device :

#show switch virtual redundancy

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you Balaji.
Do you mean that even with the command "redundancy reload shelf xx" the system uptime counter is not reset?
The client has a server with a script that extracts from "show version" the uptime information for many network devices.
After the 6500 "sanitary reboot", the server will extract the uptime information.
I need to know if you, or someone else, can test the "redundancy reload shelf xx" command to see if the system uptime counter is reset or not.

Thanks