Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3650 License Recovery

Braynex
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Everyone,

I need your help regarding the issue I'm currently facing in one of our switches. We have a security and surveillance system currently running in our organization. It composes of multiple servers and 15x Cisco switches. We have another 6x spare switches. We are using 2 models of switches, the 3650 and 3850. All our switches are running the OS (or IOS) version 3.x. 

I took one of the spare switch (3650) and upgraded it to OS/IOS version 16.9.4 (Fuji).  After configuring the switches and running it for soak testing using a simulated environment, I decided to put it in our live system, but then I remember about the licensing. All our switches are shown this -> "Slot: 1, License name: ipbase, Type: permanent, Count: N/A, and Period: Lifetime" whenever issuing the "show license right-to-use" command. But this newly upgraded switch shown as an UNREGISTERED and EVAL MODE:

Smart Licensing is ENABLED

Export-Controlled Functionality: NOT ALLOWED

License Authorization:
   Evaluation Period Remaining: 88 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes, 36 seconds

License Usage:
   License         Entitlement tag             Count            Status
   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        (C3650-24 IP Base)    1                    EVAL MODE

Q1: What would happen once the evaluation period finishes?

Q2: Is there any way to recover the previous lifetime license?

Please do note that the company that installed the system gone bankrupt.

Best regards

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once the evaluation finished switch stop working the features.

If you have serial numbers of the device, you can contact the Cisco TAC License team, they able to assist you for the new License if your device has one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply BB, I appreciate it very much.