Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 1004 Rommon Upgrade Issue

bagiyevramin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I don't know it's right place for discuss this problem. Sorry for that. I'll be very grateful if you help me in this case.

My task was:
1) Upgrade Rommon Image

2) Upgrade IOS-XE Image

The problem is that when I upgraded Cisco ASR 1004 Rommon Image from 15.0(1r)S version to 16.3(2r) version I was successful in 2 components (0 and F0) and failed in 1 component (R0). I provided show platform command output in the attachment. I used upgrade rom-monitor filename bootflash:asr1000-rommon.163-2r.pkg command and there was no error or fail during Rommon upgrade. After that I reloaded Router. When the Router booted I saw that SIP and ESP components upgraded, but Route Processor component not upgraded. I don't know why Route Processor component not upgraded. After that I tried to upgrade IOS-XE Image from asr1000rp1-adventerprisek9.03.08.00.S.153-1.S.bin to asr1000rp1-adventerprisek9.03.13.10.S.154-3.S10-ext.bin and failed again.

In addition I provided show version command output in the attachment. Please help.

16 Replies 16

I have done a lot of ROMMON upgrades and I've always done a straight upgrade.
I have never seen a behaviour like this before.

Dear Leo,

Do you have any idea how can I reset R0 line card without the help of Cisco TAC ?