cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML won't register with my license token

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a CML 2.x personal licence in Decmber last year. So I have about a month left of my 1 year license. 

Quite a few months back, I had set CML up on a VMware instance, and used my license token to register CML. This all worked successfully and things looked to be fine. 

However, as of today, I have removed the original VMware instance that I had created and attempted to create a new one. But now, it doesn't look like my license token is being accepted. 

I note that I had selected to de-register my license token within my account page which I thought would completely disassociate it from the previous instance of VMware that I had created last year. But although I have done this, it still is failing to register. 

See below screenshot from the license registration page from within my CML UI section. The two things you will note from the screenshot is that it says it is "Registering" -- but it has been in the "Registering"  state for about the last 30 minutes and so I can only assume that it is frozen in this state. Also you will see that it is currently in "Evaluation mode". 

If anyone can provide help on how to resolve, that would be much appreciated. And/or if anyone can direct me to any Cisco customer support for this issue, that would also be appreciated. 

cml license token issue.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

Another update: It now looks to be resolved. I don't know what was going on. I guess this Smart Software Licensing feature was just running slow or something. 

But it's working now so that's all good. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

And if it's relevant, please note that the OVA file I am using is cml2_p_controller-2.2.3-63.el8.63.x86_64-166

Many thanks 

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

Update: it is now saying "registered", but it is still also saying it is in "Evaluation Mode" and so it still not letting me run topologies. Please see the latest screenshot below. Any thoughts as to how to resolve will be much appreciated. cml license token issue image 2.PNG

sudonym3
Level 1
Level 1

Another update: It now looks to be resolved. I don't know what was going on. I guess this Smart Software Licensing feature was just running slow or something. 

But it's working now so that's all good. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: