Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP-relay for AnyConnect on IOS router

Mike-Zimmermann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What do I have to configure on an IOS router, so that the DHCP request from an AnyConnect client are forwarded to a Microsoft DHCP server. Is that even possible or does it work only with a local IP pool (ip local pool POOL-NAME START-IP END-IP)

I’ve tried the following configuration, but the client doesn’t get an IP address from the DHCP server  and still uses the local IP address pool. When I remove the pool command, no AnyConnect connection to the router is possible.

crypto ikev2 authorization policy ikev2-author-policy_AnyConnect

pool pool_AnyConnect

dhcp server 10.131.5.98 <- DHCP server IP is reachable from the router

dhcp giaddr 10.131.10.0 <- scope for the AnyConnect clients is created and active on the DHCP server

dhcp timeout 10

dns 10.131.5.99

netmask 255.255.255.0

def-domain DOMAIN-NAME

route set access-list acl_split-tunnel

ip local pool pool_AnyConnect 10.131.8.128 10.131.8.254

Thank you in advance for the help!

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

You need to add a Loopback Interface with an IP from the VPN Subnet. You also need to use this IP for command dhcp giaddr. Remove pool pool_AnyConnect from this subconfig. Netmask is also not necessary as this parameter comes from DHCP Server. You need DNS and def-domain settings as DHCP will only offer you an IP/Subnet.

Your config should look like this:

interface Loopback1
description VPN Loopback
ip address 10.131.10.1 255.255.255.0
!
crypto ikev2 authorization policy ikev2-author-policy_AnyConnect dhcp server 10.131.5.98 dhcp giaddr 10.131.10.1 dhcp timeout 10 dns 10.131.5.99 def-domain DOMAIN-NAME route set access-list acl_split-tunnel

You can troubleshoot this by enabling DHCP client activity debugging > debug dhcp

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RFC 3011
RFC 3527
this RCF need for DHCP to work with VPN client, 
I really don't know exactly how it work but I will be interest to make your config work.
so enable this option in DHCP server, and from my site i will try to find any example of DHCP with router IOS any connect.

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

You need to add a Loopback Interface with an IP from the VPN Subnet. You also need to use this IP for command dhcp giaddr. Remove pool pool_AnyConnect from this subconfig. Netmask is also not necessary as this parameter comes from DHCP Server. You need DNS and def-domain settings as DHCP will only offer you an IP/Subnet.

Your config should look like this:

interface Loopback1
description VPN Loopback
ip address 10.131.10.1 255.255.255.0
!
crypto ikev2 authorization policy ikev2-author-policy_AnyConnect dhcp server 10.131.5.98 dhcp giaddr 10.131.10.1 dhcp timeout 10 dns 10.131.5.99 def-domain DOMAIN-NAME route set access-list acl_split-tunnel

You can troubleshoot this by enabling DHCP client activity debugging > debug dhcp