Views
Helpful
Replies

Enter rommon NCS540 XR

kriskrs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to enter in rommon to change the confreg because I cannot use "conf t" in the actual configuration.

I tried during booting to press "Break" from Putty terminal but is not able to run into rommon.

My intention was to check the following link but because is out of life I cant find the document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/obsolete/ios-nx-os-software/cisco-ios-xr-software-release-4-3.html

Any ideas, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kriskrs
Level 1
Level 1
3 Replies 3

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

For NCS 540 models that support eXR, I believe you would set the config-register from Admin exec mode, not rommon. For any NCS 540 models supporting XR7/LNT, which does not have an Admin mode, I assume you would set in normal exec mode.

I am curious, however, as to what you mean by 'I cannot use "conf t" in the actual configuration'?

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

kriskrs
Level 1
Level 1

"Authorization failed" once I try to enter in "conf t". This is because some tacacs configuration that was added, something was missing don't know, even is tacacs then local configured.

There should be a backup way for cases like this, that's why I want to start by ignoring the actual configuration.

kriskrs
Level 1
Level 1

Closed