Views
Helpful
Replies

External internet to PT

rafid-ip2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

So i have a trouble in here. I have a school work or a project from my teachers. They're want me to make a topology that can be able to connect the real intenet to the Packet Tracer. 

My teachers told me that i can used NAT configuration to do it. But i've do it, and its not working. So actually my teachers dont know how to do it too, but they believe they ever doing that and its work. I dont know they're actually really do that and works or not.

So, i asked here is it actually possible to connect my real internet to the Packet Tracer ? Please i need this so much!

(Sorry my english is bad)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@rafid-ip2007 

No, it is not possible. PacketTracer is a simulator not an emulator like GNS3 or Eve.

What you can do is create internet simulation on PT with proper PT devices like this one.

FlavioMiranda_0-1724942520463.png

View solution in original post

I recommend using GNS3 or EVE-NG. As written above, these are emulators that better reflect network behavior. GNS3 in the free version has options to preview traffic with Wireshark, this works much better than the simulation in PT, which always stutters from the very beginning of PT, making it impossible to track packets. There are plenty of tutorials on how to set up a “cloud to internet” in GNS3 or EVE-NG. If you prefer a free solution, I recommend GNS3, because in EVE-NG you can't plug in scientific running cables and you can't preview packets, and you won't run two labs at the same time (of course, we're talking about the free EVE-NG).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

@rafid-ip2007 

No, it is not possible. PacketTracer is a simulator not an emulator like GNS3 or Eve.

What you can do is create internet simulation on PT with proper PT devices like this one.

FlavioMiranda_0-1724942520463.png

I recommend using GNS3 or EVE-NG. As written above, these are emulators that better reflect network behavior. GNS3 in the free version has options to preview traffic with Wireshark, this works much better than the simulation in PT, which always stutters from the very beginning of PT, making it impossible to track packets. There are plenty of tutorials on how to set up a “cloud to internet” in GNS3 or EVE-NG. If you prefer a free solution, I recommend GNS3, because in EVE-NG you can't plug in scientific running cables and you can't preview packets, and you won't run two labs at the same time (of course, we're talking about the free EVE-NG).

rafid-ip2007
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, thank you so much for the answer!