cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can a student get access to Cisco IOS images?

Fernando Pinedo
Level 1
Level 1

So, i'm doing some research and studying for the cisco CCNA and i bought some used hardware to help me in this matter. I have a Cisco router 2911 and i wanted to download the latest images for the cisco IOS. The problem is that for that i need a service contract, but i dont have a company. How can i get a service contract as a student? Is there a way? Or do i need a company? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you do not have contract , some images can be downloadble using CCO account, or if you know the image like file name -c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.GC2.bin  (search in google you will find some images - if you looking to test )

or best contact local partner, i am sure they wont be much helpfull because you are not buying anything from them so they wont help (not all but most cases i come across same situation)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Officially, no. 

Off-the-table, Google the filename you want and follow the crumbs.  

pennybotello7
Level 1
Level 1

As a student, it may be difficult to obtain a service contract directly from Cisco, as service contracts are typically only available to registered Cisco partners or customers. However, there are still some options available to you:

1. Use a Cisco simulator: Instead of using real hardware, you can use a simulator to practice and learn about Cisco IOS. There are many simulators available online, some of which are free or have a free trial period. Some examples include GNS3, Packet Tracer, and EVE-NG.

2. Use older versions of Cisco IOS: While you may not be able to download the latest version of Cisco IOS without a service contract, there are older versions available that you may be able to download without a contract. You can search for older versions of Cisco IOS on Cisco's website or other online resources.