Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS ping extend utility image of free sources

Geraldziila
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I'm learning networking with cisco router, but I couldn't find the extended ping command when I doing some experiences. So I googled that returned Cisco https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/routing-information-protocol-rip/13730-ext-ping-trace.html page showed I need 

• Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.2(10b)

Well, I can't find any related image whatever from cisco software download or googled page. So could you guys please advise how I can do that or any replacement image for that?

BTW, cisco webside cannot download ios image which shows I need partner how some-else. Any fella can suggest that? 

Appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you need to go enable mode to issue show run command, what error you getting ?

Most device should do extended ping

(Post complete output what you typing what error you getting ?) - we do not have visibility what is not working here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what version of code are you running, what is the device mode? as per my experience, most of the devices support extended ping?

post show version

BB

Sorry for the late response. My switch's vesion is 12.2(35), and routers(2811,2960) at which I can't even use command to show IOS bin. Do you have good way to examining that?

Do you need to go enable mode to issue show run command, what error you getting ?

Most device should do extended ping

(Post complete output what you typing what error you getting ?) - we do not have visibility what is not working here ?

BB