cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE CLI login loop after upgrade?

shawinfra
Level 1
Level 1

I've been installing a pair of ISE appliances recently and just performed an upgrade from 3.0-3.2 patch 2. Everything went smooth one ISE1, but on ISE2 after the upgrade I was unable to access the GUI and when I rebooted the device the CLI came up as usual, but when I enter the admin credentials it accepts them then prompts again for the login. Stuck in a loop.

Anyone experience this? I'm guessing a reimage would be the next steps, but as I'm new to ISE I figure I'd ask first.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

lohan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shawinfra,

First of all, I would suggest using the CLI comment "show application status ise" to check the status of server is showing as "running" or not in ISE2.

Secondly, you can try to clear the cache of the browser or using other browser to access ISE2, to see if the issue fix.

If the issue still exist, please kindly upload the issue screenshots.
Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Secure Network Analytics (formerly known as Stealthwatch) through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco Network Security ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-network-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4416493] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Best Regards,
Henry

isaacs
Level 1
Level 1

Was there ever a resolution to this? I am experiencing the exact same issue. I upgraded from ISE 2.7 to 3.2