cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging into ASA

JWHolm81891
Level 1
Level 1

So, I'm at a new network job where we are all pretty much a new team here. We were left with little to no documentation to work off of. I've come across IP associated to to our ASA firewall, but I am unable to log into it via CLI/bash. I have access to Firepower but not unsure if I see it on there or not (we are all very new to NGFW). I cannot find our Cisco ASDM-IDM, if I need that to log into it. Can any of you advise how I can better troubleshoot this issue so that I can get into our ASA since we don't know where it is, if we ever downloaded it to begin it, or how to see if we already have access to it maybe via Firepower? 

6 Replies 6

I can't tell yet which ASA we have to even check compatibility. Our Firepower version looks to be Currently running software version: 7.0.1

Currently installed VDB version: build 353 ( 2022-03-07 22:13:19 )

OK, so my ASA is a 5520 VPN Plus license 9.1 (7)32 my FMC is Firepower 2110 w/ FTD. If I'm reading the matrix correctly, they should be compatible. 

you can try accessing ASA ip via web browser. if it is configured, it will show you link to download ASDM. you can download ASDM from that and install it and try to access ASA. if you dont have any password and if you cannot find it from anywhere, it may need to reset password. from firepower console, you cannot manage ASA.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I don't have an IP for it. The IP I do have in the notes is a private IP and it goes nowhere. 

then you need to connect console cable to device and try to access it.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: