Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail 'Connection error.'

tbasi19
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I just setup my own network and configured the routes between the serial cables statically, I tried sending an email from the Curzon PC to the Millenium Point PC in a different LAN but both the PCs are unable to the servers in the Joseph Priesley LAN eventhough they can ping to them, I don't know if it's the DNS or SMTP server its unable to reach to. 

I added my email account as myfirstname.lastname and added the domain (sorry I cannot expose) in the email server, both SMTP and POP3 are enabled in that server. In both the PCs I added the incoming and outgoing mail server as the IP address of the email server in the Joseph Priesley LAN as well as the login information of my firstname, lastname and password I set in the email server. 

I don't know what's happening, if the PCs can ping the server addresses why is it unable to talk to them through email? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your help, I managed to figure out what I did wrong.

By accident I didn't add the IP address or subnet mask to the actual SMTP server by going to Services then EMAIL. 

I even had a POP3 authentication error which I strangely managed to fix, I went back into the SMTP server, clicked on my user account, clicked change password and set it to the same one as before. It then weirdly picked up my user account immediately through both PCs. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @tbasi19 ,

Could you compress your exercise (with Winzip, for example) and attach it to review your settings?

Regards

Sure, 

Hi @tbasi19 ,

In your cluster of servers you must identify well to which interface the servers are connected and properly assign the ip parameters of your servers (for example, the IP assigned in the PCs for the Mail service, is the IP of the router, which is wrong) .

Regards

Thank you for your help, I managed to figure out what I did wrong.

By accident I didn't add the IP address or subnet mask to the actual SMTP server by going to Services then EMAIL. 

I even had a POP3 authentication error which I strangely managed to fix, I went back into the SMTP server, clicked on my user account, clicked change password and set it to the same one as before. It then weirdly picked up my user account immediately through both PCs.