cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify ACTransform.xml for anyconnect for mac

smr1619
Level 1
Level 1

I changed the .dmg to RW, but no matter what I add to the transform file and save it, it doesn't do anything. For the installation, I don't want all the boxes checked by default, I only want the VPN checked. Trying to create a pac

3 Replies 3

rnewman36
Level 1
Level 1
I am trying to accomplish the same result and am having the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

I found a tool on GitHub that's specifically for Anyconnect. It lets you
select what options you want and then it creates a package. This is for
MacOS.

https://github.com/talkingmoose/Choices-Packager

ecarlseen
Level 1
Level 1

I pulled apart the package and took a look at the installation scripts. There is no built-in way to limit which components of AnyConnect are installed during a silent installation. However, you can automate the removal of components you don't want. For example, if you only want the VPN client to be left you can run this command after installing the package:

/usr/bin/find /opt/cisco -iname \*_uninstall.sh -not -name anyconnect_uninstall.sh -not -name vpn_uninstall.sh -print0 | xargs -0 -n1 -ISCRIPT /usr/bin/sudo 'SCRIPT'

Insuring that hostile / unwanted uninstall scripts are not already in the /opt/cisco folder tree prior to package installation, is left as an exercise for the reader.

I've tested this on MacOS Catalina, Mojave, and High Sierra using AnyConnect 4.8.03052.