cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Packet tracer on Mac can't log in

Hi All, 

I hope this is in the right place. 

I am trying, hard, to install Packet Tracer in my Macbook pro running 10.15.4 ( fully updated)

I could not install Packet Tracer 7.3 I get an error on trying to open and it crashed.

I tried 7.2.2 and it runs fine till I try to log in using my existing NetAcad credentials. It says they are incorrect. However they are the correct credentials. I suspect something is not right! If I throw in any make up email and password combo it says the same thing. 

If I run as guest it works perfect. There is something not quite right at the login stage. 

Any insight wellcome as I've trawled the net tried everything I can and no joy!

Thanks,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Rising star

Re: Packet tracer on Mac can't log in

Try with your Cisco credentials - one u used to login here using useranme or email you registered with Cisco.  All of us PT users have same issue since Cisco started migrating all usernames/passwords into OneID thing (access all with same id); 

if that does not work; you can open PT and use Guest login which limits your saves to 3 times 

PT 7.2.2 has lots of bugs; so please try 7.3 again.  

other way is to get Vmware Fusion to run Windows as virtual machine, PT 7.3 runs fine in Windows

Good luck! 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Highlighted

Re: Packet tracer on Mac can't log in

Thanks for the reply! 

I am using the same credentials that I use to log into NetAcad. 

The use as guest function is of no use to me at all!!

I have virtualbox installed and can run it on a windows machine. But that's not solving my problem with getting it running on this machine. 

I have tried 7.3 several times, install and uninstall, and it will not work on this, Macbook Pro, or on MacBook air. 

This is why I tried the older version. The older version works perfect except for the login issue. 

Thanks again. 

Any further input very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Cisco COVID-19 Survey