cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer User Login is Blank page

Anon4
Level 1
Level 1
I'm a computer science student and I need packet tracer for this subject I am taking but the packet tracer user login won't show up, it's just a blank page no matter how much I wait. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it many times but it still won't fix the problem. I've been using the guest login but it said I have used 3 of my saves even if I re-logged in and uninstalled it. I really need this to pass pls can anyone help? :(
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balajirv
Level 1
Level 1

Two ways to Over come this problem!

1) Completely remove internet connection from your Personal system, or turn on the Air-plane mode in our laptop and start your Cisco Tracer Packet software it will not ask the login instead it will allow the user to use the application.

The main factor is that you don't allow the Cisco packet tracer to access internet and ask for the login.[N B : I think the software developers had given access for a plain computer i'e computer machine not connected to web wide web]

2) Block the internet access to the Cisco Packet Tracer .. 

Even though you are connected to internet the cisco packet tracer software thinks it has no internet connection and we will grant access to the user.

For windows I can help to follow the procedure to block the internet access.

1) Click the start button.

2)Search for the "Security" keyword.

3)Click on "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security".

4)Click on "Inbound Rules"

5)Again right click on Inbound Rules a mini tab appears and click on "New Rules".

6)New Inbound Rule wizard will appear in that select "program" and click on the Next button.

7)In "This program path" browse the Cisco packet tracer file in your computer, open the bin folder and finally click on the packet tracer application and then click next 

click Next for two times.

9)Finally give an name and click finish.

done. Hope it helps and thank you!

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you must register with Net academy to use PT fully; it is free now after taking intro course of PT on the Net academy page. no need to take the whole course, but I would recommend it, link to get PT from them is somewhere during the beginning of lectures - like lesson 1. x. y

then u must be online; sign in once per 10 days or so; otherwise, u have only 3 user saves as you said.

best of luck!

I have already registered on netacad and it's just that when I open packet tracer the user login page does not show up, it's just blank. Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.38.29 PM.png

Was this issue ever resolved?  I am currently having the same problem and cannot use Packet Tracer.

I'm also facing the same problem with Packet Tracer on a mac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Any hints pls?

I have the same problem as you. I really need to fix it right now because I am a computer science student and I am using is with my subject. So, do you fix that? Can you give me some advice, thanks

I had a blank login page when I was connected to my corporate VPN. When I dropped the VPN and was directly connected to the Internet, I did not have this problem.

Good luck. 

Download and install "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer", it will resolve this issue. 

it's related to your OS version try to install a utility program like java to solve this issue

Several of my students have this same problem.  The logon screen is completely blank.  In one case it is black.

Henry_Geee
Level 1
Level 1

I also have this problem with Mac OS X 10.11.6 with PT 7.2.1

Can somebody fix this???

Japerzbro
Level 1
Level 1
I think all issue appears only on Mac OS X 10.11.6 version with PT 7.2.1?
They have a new release PT version 7.2.2 but I'm having problem as well with the dmg installer "no mountable system" error and also PT version 7.3.0, I think its not compatible with El Capitan 10.11.6.

Help, anyone? Thanks.

I use MacOs Monterey without problems but on Windows 11 does not work the solution was shutdown the internet access.

jp672691728
Level 1
Level 1

Try using an Internet connection for initial registration

I had the same issue when I tried using Packet Tracer for the first time from my company's intranet. I brought my laptop home and was able to successfully log in from my Internet connection. Now that I've logged in, I'm able to use Packet Tracer along with my company's VPN. So it looks like there's a one-time login step that won't work through (at least my company's) intranet.  Note that while on the intranet I did try setting the proxy settings and that didn't solve the issue. 

wanvysaputra
Level 1
Level 1
one year, and not resolved yet
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: