cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"The VPN Service is not available. Exiting." - Windows 11

doucetfa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am working with a brand new Dell Inspiron 24 5420 All-in-One running Windows 11. I work at a university and often have to be connected to our VPN to access certain websites and services. We use the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. I was able to connect to the VPN one time, but now anytime I try, I get an error message: "The VPN Service is not available. Exiting." How can I fix this?

1 Reply 1

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello doucetfa,

In the FireWall of Windows 11, open the port 443 for SSL.

Here are the steps to follow:

To enable Port 443 on Windows, you need to add it to Firewall. Here’s how to allow port 443 in Windows Firewall:

1. Open the Firewall Control Panel by accessing “Start” > “Run” and typing firewall.cpl
  2. On the left pane, select “Advanced Settings”, then click on “Inbound Rules” in the top-left corner.
  3. Next, click on “New Rule” on the right-side panel in the “Action” column.
  4. A new window will open. Select “TCP” and “Specific local ports” where you need to type “443” next to it.
  5. In the “Action” window, select “Allow the connection” and click “Next”.
  6. In the “Profile” window, choose “Domain” and “Private”, then click “Next”.
  7. In the “Name” window, type “WCF-WF 4.0 Samples” name and click on “Finish”.

Please note, to set up the Outbound Rules, you need to repeat the septs 2 to 8.

If you find any difficulty in perfoming above steps...tempararly you can disable firewall.... which is not recommended...

Reference: https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/the-vpn-service-is-not-available-exiting/td-p/4589321

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******