cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security devices are not functioning at all

tbasi19
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Packet Tracer 7 for my assignment to build a network with working application layer services, whilst everything in every LAN is functional I'm having an issue with the webcam and motion detector.

They've been connected to a registration server with an IP address and they can communicate with the server, the devices are also registered on the network and appear when logging into the registration server from a web browser. 

But the devices in the webpage both say 'Device is offline.' eventhough they aren't, they've been plugged in powered on and connected to the network. When I hover the mouse pressing alt over the motion detector it doesn't show a red light and the webcam stays stuck with a red light, neither of the devices repond to the cursor movement. 

I cannot add or remove the security devices because the deletion and movement of the devices have been locked by my lecturer, I can only configure their settings. What could be happening? 

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: