Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting while creating GRE tunnel in Packet Tracer

Nassau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working on a montage where I need to create a GRE IPsec tunnel between routers. But when I'm, trying to execute some command, the router is not going into the dedicated configuration option. For example, when I'm executing the following command:

crypto ipsec transform-set aesset esp-aes 256 esp-sha-hmac

The router, which was in Device(config), is supposed to turn into Device(cfg-crypto-tran)but don't. I can't execute the command which permit to change the status from tunnel to transport which is "mode transport".

I'm using a 2911 router and my version of packet tracer is the 8.1.1. 

Tell me if you need more informations.

2 Replies 2

crypto ipsec transform-set ??

do this and add only command appear not all transform set is accept and that why you couldn't pass to tunnel/transport mode

Martin L
VIP
VIP

PT is just a simulator , not real thing; So, not all features and commands are supported and if they are, the behavior of a few of them is not the same as real IOS on real device.  In other words, PT is simulator of IOS and networking devices like PCs, laptops , etc.  You will see and get errors.  Despite of all this, PT is still excellent tool to learn basic networking fundamentals, Cisco IOS commands and IOS behavior.

Your other options are CML ( virtual lab with virtual IOS) and GNS3 which run on real IOS (or virtual IOS software)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: