cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Center with secureX orchestrator

jonasL
Level 1
Level 1

Hey network, i am working on a project where i need to integrate FMC in cisco secureX. Well that part worked but now i would like to use the orchestration tool in secureX to automate some workflows. I would like to block a firewall rule with it. Does any body know how to do that and how i can access the FMC api to access my firewall?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Sak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SecureX orchestration need API access to your management tool for the firewall (FDM, FMC, or CDO).  CDO is easiest since it's a cloud service, like SXo, and you can run API calls against it directly.  If your Secure Firewall is being managed on-box with FDM or centrally with FMC, you'll need to either allow access from SXo to the API interface through the firewall or use SXo remote, which is the preferred method.

There's several examples out there for how to do this that can assist with building your own workflow:

Blocking Observables on Secure Firewall YT

Secure Firewall Workflows

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brian Sak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SecureX orchestration need API access to your management tool for the firewall (FDM, FMC, or CDO).  CDO is easiest since it's a cloud service, like SXo, and you can run API calls against it directly.  If your Secure Firewall is being managed on-box with FDM or centrally with FMC, you'll need to either allow access from SXo to the API interface through the firewall or use SXo remote, which is the preferred method.

There's several examples out there for how to do this that can assist with building your own workflow:

Blocking Observables on Secure Firewall YT

Secure Firewall Workflows