Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Executive / Executive Assistant NOTIFY packet

Hi, 

When enabling or disabling the Exec/ExecAssist service of a particular profile from the Broadsoft server, the NOTIFY packet that is received is identical whether or not the service is enabled or disabled. Is this expected?

There is no information in the NOTIFY body that says if the service was activated for the profile or disabled for the profile. 

Upon first SUBSCRIBE (from a power-on)), if the service is enabled, you will see the appropriate NOTIFY packet (multi-boundary if applicable)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<bw:ExecutiveEvent xmlns:bw="http://schema.broadsoft.com/as-feature-event">
<bw:callFilteringOn>false</bw:callFilteringOn>
</bw:ExecutiveEvent>

If the service is disabled you will not see that information from a power-on. 

If the service is enabled or disabled and the phone was already powered-on then the payload is the same. 

Is this as intended?

7 Replies 7

skumar1
Level 3
Level 3

Can you send me a pcap file?

Okay, so the capture involves REGISTER with SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY with all the packages enabled. ExecutiveAssistant is present.

Then, I remove the Executive service from the phone's profile. 

Then I add it back in. I don't see a difference in the payload?  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Guy,

Can you enable the executive assistant divert from the phone and send me the pcap file?

We haven't implemented that portion of Executive Assistant. Would generating a change via something like PostMan suffice to capture?

Also this phone I am playing with is set to Executive not Executive Assistant. I can assign the ExecAssistserviceto it if that is what you would like me to do.

yes please

Okay so captured both SIP and HTTP

Powered the phone up (with Executive and Executive Assistant enabled)
Removed the Executive service
Added back the Executive service

Then did a GET for services/ExecutiveAssistant followed by a PUT with enabling the divert. 

Let me know if the capture is good and what else you might need.

We have found an issue with SSE, we are working on it. I will keep you posted.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: