Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question regarding WebEx integration with XML Api

Hi,

I am planning to integrate WebEx with my site. I have few questions regarding the api and usecase.

Questions:

1) How to enable SSO in the sandbox? Is it possible?

2) Could not create webex meeting with CreateWebEx api. Seeing the below response:

<serv:response>

<serv:result>FAILURE</serv:result>

<serv:reason>

The user or site does not support this meeting type

</serv:reason>

<serv:gsbStatus>PRIMARY</serv:gsbStatus>

<serv:exceptionID>110002</serv:exceptionID>

</serv:response>

3) Release notes talks about changes happened to Recurrence webex meetings api but where will I find the complete doc about it.

Please point to me the api doc

4) My understanding of impromptu meeting:

- User will be able to create webex meeting on the fly and a URL is passed to the attendees.

- Attendees will just click on the URL to join without entering any thing.

Is my understanding is correct about Impromptu?

I see in the api doc that impromptu is mentioned in URL api but not with XML api.

Is it possible to achieve with XML Api?

5) Please point to me the latest XML api doc?

Please help me with this doubts.

Thanks,

Lokesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Latest WebEx API documentation is available on http://www.webexdeveloper.com. SSO can be enabled on your WebEx site by request to your WebEx account manager, this included your API test site that is included with the Gold Developer Program. If you are referencing the API trial site, apidemoeu.webex.com, then SSO is not available as this is a shared site. XML API does not support impromptu meeting, although you can schedule and then immediately start a meeting to appear impromptu to the end user. The error message you received is due to permissions, the type of meeting you attempted to schedule is not available, either globally on the site, or individually for the user account you are using.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moved to the WebEx forum, for assistance with WebEx API-specific questions...

WebEx SSO has specific requirements and configurations which typically need WebEx staff to help with.  I believe you will need to join the WebEx Gold Developer Program and/or obtain a production site instance to request SSO enablement.

Knowledge Base - My Resources

Hello,

Latest WebEx API documentation is available on http://www.webexdeveloper.com. SSO can be enabled on your WebEx site by request to your WebEx account manager, this included your API test site that is included with the Gold Developer Program. If you are referencing the API trial site, apidemoeu.webex.com, then SSO is not available as this is a shared site. XML API does not support impromptu meeting, although you can schedule and then immediately start a meeting to appear impromptu to the end user. The error message you received is due to permissions, the type of meeting you attempted to schedule is not available, either globally on the site, or individually for the user account you are using.

Thanks for your response. As you mentioned the error I received is due to permission but how do I get those permissions?

Is there any option in the sandbox settings that is exposed or do i need to go for Gold Developer program to try out the creation of webex event.

And by the way as creating the webex meeting is basic use case for any POC and I doubt a Gold Developer Program is mandatory. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

-Lokesh

Hello,

The Gold Developer Program is more of a support and maintenance contract that includes developer consultation and a dedicated development test site that can be used to test your project without impacting your production WebEx site at all. The development site also received WebEx upgrades before production, allowing you to test your project against upgrades to verify it works as expected without impacting production meeting usage.

Finally was able to create a webex event.

link to the solution

Thanks,

-Lokesh