cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDA Support for Windows Server 2016

lavazzzza
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen a roadmap or ETA for a CDA patch to support Windows Server 2016 Domain Controller connections?  It appears there is a version check since the WMI namespace it is utilizing hasn't changed from server 2012R2.  Its just checking the security event log, I don't understand why there is an OS version constraint to begin with I mean from their doc:

Supported Active Directory Versions

CDA supports the following Active Directory versions:

• Windows 2003
  • Windows 2003R2
  • Windows 2008
  • Windows 2008 R2
  • Windows 2012
  • Windows 2012 R2

Other than Windows 2000, they support them all.  If someone on the Dev team insisted on putting one in, then test and release an update while the OS has been in Beta.  I'll take back everything bad I have said this past week if I just missed the release AND I will also admit I suck.

17 Replies 17

I came across a very annoying restriction.

CDA is very rudimentary implemented, that for VPN connections (vpn) and cut-through logins (ctp), the CDA writes LOCAL as the domain in the mapping table and I would need our domain name instead. 

Because of that the identity firewall rules do not work for that "LOCAL" users.

I have already found an enhancement request "CDA should allow configurable default domain CSCuh33454", but Cisco is not worth the effort to invest decent programming in this product yet.

And they still have no alternative to CDA for ASA. That's very shameful!

Hi I need Patch 6, where is the download?  I can't find it in Cisco's search box for software downloads, and its not under the Security category.

Does anyone have a link?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: