Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Umbrella I-Phone user issue

Greeting

recently I phone users who configured our company email on thier native I-phone email app got frequant disconnection, while they are connected on our Wi-Fi network we are using our Virtual forwarder as local DNS, once we change the DNS to our local DNS their email just working fine without disconnection, Any Idea how to troubleshoot the issue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thank you Alisha for your valuble steps, I figured out the issue after I checked the logs from MAC-Book machine I found there is new CNAM recored  which is not included in domain management, Once I entered the new domain the issuue resolved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Niles Pyelshak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Network Engineer 87,

From your description, it's hard to determine what is happening there.  Is the issue still happening?  Could you file a Service request for Cisco Umbrella to look into it? 

~Niles

Hi Niles

I figured out the issue, the system admin created new CNAM recored and the new domain not included in umbrella, once I entered the new domain in mnaged sites the issue resolved

alisha_rascon01
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that users who have configured your company email on their native iPhone email app are experiencing frequent disconnections. However, when they are connected to your Wi-Fi network and you change the DNS to your local DNS, their email works fine without disconnection.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can start by checking the DNS settings on the iPhone. Verify that the DNS settings are configured correctly, and that the iPhone is using the correct DNS server when connected to the Wi-Fi network.

You can also check the logs on your Virtual Forwarder and Wi-Fi network to see if there are any errors or issues that could be causing the disconnections. Check if there are any firewall rules or restrictions that might be affecting the connection.

If the issue persists, you may need to escalate the issue to your IT department or network administrator to investigate further. They may need to perform additional troubleshooting steps, such as checking the email server logs or network traffic, to identify the root cause of the issue.

thank you Alisha for your valuble steps, I figured out the issue after I checked the logs from MAC-Book machine I found there is new CNAM recored  which is not included in domain management, Once I entered the new domain the issuue resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: